Thursday, September 07, 2006

Oil Leak Fixed

Just picked up the car, oil leak is said to be fixed. Here's hoping.

The problem was found to be that the oil cooler had developed a hole in it and as such was leaking oil. So they pulled it out, flushed it out, welded it up, and put it back in. Apparently there was oil all around it, so it was a pretty bad leak it seems.

But no suprises there, as that is what I thought it was and keeping in mind that the previous owner told me he had to get the same thing done. The guys at the shop remembered that, and told me the story.

Apparently previously, there had been a leak so the previous owner(s) decided just to do up attaching bolts tighter. But being alloy and being a cheap oil cooler it just broke the welds and added some cracks. That is what the previous owner got fixed and is potentially where this problem came from too.

But it should be good for now, and if not then I'll just do the right thing and replace it with a PWR jobbie or something.

The good news is, that while there I booked it in for a NEW CLUTCH NEXT WEEK. :D :D :D

So 'ere's hoping that nothing else pops up and that I finally achieve the dream of a new clutch next week.

While there I asked some info about clutches and now understand the difference between an organic clutch, a ceramic clutch and a button clutch. All very interesting and better for understanding what I'm getting. I'm just sticking with an organic clutch in the hope that it will do for now - hopefully my track work and car power wont be crazy enough to go through that.

Well, more as it happens,
Oz. ;)

P.S. The 'oil leak' on the gear box is believed purely to be oil being flung back from the big oil cooler leak, and therefore not a leak in itself.

P.S.S. Spent yesterday at Wakefield watching two of my mates have a blast on the track. Hopefully I'll soon have my car ready and be able to take part in such fun events. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home