Monday, September 04, 2006

Oil Leaks

Well, as mentioned previously my car seems to have developed an oil leak. So I got it up on the ramps on Sunday and had a look. Unfortunately, because of the 'engine guard' under the engine I still cannot see where it is coming from, but it does seem to be forward of the engine.

That concerns me as I know that the previous owner had the oil cooler crack on him (and dump all his oil) and as a result he had to get that fixed. I'm hoping that it has not cracked again and will invovled me forking out for a new one. Could be expensive.

While I was under there I also saw there was a leak coming from around the rear of the gear box (where the tail shaft connects). I'm not sure what is going on there, but needless to say, that is also concerning.

I was going to book it in for the clutch and get the leaks checked at the same time. But seeing they could end up expensive I've changed the plan slightly. Instead, I've now got it booked in for thursday to get the oil leaks checked out, and then I'll go from there - clutch delayed again.

Will I ever get there? :-/

One positive thing I found while under there, was that all the bushes (except on steering) have been replaced with nice red nolethane ones. Nice to know. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home