Friday, September 22, 2006

New bits - Tyres and Shifter Knob

Hey peeps,

Got the front left tyre replaced just now at lunch (it was all scrubbed on the inside for some reason - that's how it was when I purchased it) and also finally got a new shifter knob. The previous one kept coming off and all in all was a little dodgey. I wanted to get the tyre before Wakefield to be safe but as for the knob I was hoping the current one would be okay, but while waiting for the tyre I went to the auto shop and had a look. Lo' an' behold I walked out with a new one. :D

Unfortunately (kinda) when I was putting on the new knob, I forgot to put the boot back on. But the boot didn't fit properly anyway, so seeing it was a struggle to get the new knob off, I thought STUFF it! I noticed at the auto shop that you can buy boots anyways, so I think I'll just get one of those. The only reason I didn't today was because they were out of black ones, and yellow was just too crazy for my tastes.

Anyway, I've also given the tyre shop dude a list of wheels I'm after and he is going to go away and get some prices for me. Hopefully sometime soon I can get some nice 15"s for my car.

Finally, I'm happy to report that my new clutch is going well and I'm slowly getting used to it. I guess by the time I've done all the gear changes I'm going to need to do at Wakefield, I should have it down pat. ;)

Well, that'll do for now, later,
Oz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home