Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Maybe I'll Get a Cat

Although below I stated one option would be to modify the exhaust, and said I would not do that, I'm now thinking I might.

Below I mainly meant changing the exhaust to a 2.5" system or the like, and I still don't want to do that. But after talking to mates it seems like a catalytic converter may provide enough back pressure to fix up the overboosting.

One of the best arguments for this, is that the S4 turbos were originally on the FCs and they had cats and thereby the exhaust flow was no where near what I have (especially seeing stock they would not have been 3"). Putting the cat in then (even if it only reduces the flow by 10% - around which most high flow cats do) should do the job and be cheaper if it works. Plus, I can stop getting out of the car and smelling like petrol. :D

So at lunch I think I will go and get a quote.

UPDATE: Car is booked in for next Wednesday for the supply and fitting of a high flow metallic catalytic converter. I'll post up whether it fixes the overboost etc. ;) (Next week I might take the plunge and get the cutch done too, see what happens.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home