Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Work Completed: Brakes, Steering and Shifter

Well, another good day in the shop. Got new brake pads all round, during which the brake line hose for the rear right busted so it got replaced and the caliper got overhauled. Following that they rang to let me know how much it would cost to sort the steering and the gear shifter, which in total it was only going to be an extra $120 so I said go for it - esp. seeing I thought it would be a few hundered each.

As a result it now seems as though it is impossible to miss first gear and the shifter has a nice positive feel. Further, the car no longer wanders around the road as the steering is nice and firm. Now when it does move you feel it through the steering and as such can correctly handle it. Plus, now under acceleration it stays nice and straight. Love it.

Unfortunately it is still not perfect, but I'm currently putting this down to needing a wheel alignment. If that doesn't sort it I know that the front right tire is scrubbed on the inside (that is how I got it) so I will look at moving it to the rear. All in all, a positive result.

Now I just need to save up about $1000 to get the clutch sorted (this was the figure the shop recommended for worst case scenario). Hopefully I can get that together by the end of the month, as first half Septemeber sometime there is meant to be a track day that Sam is going to, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home