Saturday, July 22, 2006

Boost Gauge Fixed

The vacum line for my boost gauge was a dodgey install and kept popping off. As a result my boost gauge kept failing.

Today I got some vacum hose and tidied it all up. As a result, it now works as expected.

While testing it, I saw some interesting readings. Remembering that my boost controller is still removed, I was seeing generally around 5psi. But quite often I would see readings of around 13psi, and this is meant to be running 'stock' boost.

What I'm thinking is that this is simply over boost due to the fact I'm running a high flow series 4 turbo. Should be interesting to look into it further when I get the turbo controller back on. Plus even when I test drove it before buying it, I noticed a cut out when hammering it, tonight I saw that it happened right on 15psi so maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway, once I get a new tune etc. and the controller back on I can hopefully make more sense of it all. Just focusing on Rego atm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home