Monday, July 17, 2006

Ball Joints and Control Arms

Well, turns out the reason the ball joint pushed through was because the socket in the lower control arm has turned into an oval (rather than a circle). Therefore the lower control arm is considered useless and needs to be replaced as well as the ball joint.

The suspension shop has sourced both, but the control arm wont arrive until Wednesday. As a result I wont expect my car back until Thursday.

So I've booked a rego inspection for Thursday with the idea being that I will organise to pick up the car and get a UVP on Thursday in such a way that I can go straight there. This inspection is just so I can get the 'restricted' status off the vehicle so that I can get a weekly permit to allow the other work more easily to be carried out - plus I'll be able to drive it to work. :D

Anyway, bit by bit. :-/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home