Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ready for Rego Inspection #1

Well, just placed my latest UVP up on the dash, have the boost controller removed, so ready for Rego Inspection #1 tomorrow.

Now I expect to fail this first one, but the idea is that I get a complete list of things to fix. I can then take this list to my mechanic and get them all done in one hit. I will then return (next week hopefully) and do my second attempt - which I intend to be the one I pass.

I only know of two things I'll definitely fail on.
1. The battery is in the boot and is not the correct type/correctly sealed.
2. The previous owner said when he attempted the inspection he failed on two things; the horn (which I got fixed) and the hand brake was not tight enough.
Hopefully there are not too many other things, and definitely nothing new to get engineered.

Before I go I will take the car down to the local Laser Wash to give it a good clean up (first impression being the most important an' all), and then I'll definitely be ready.

Scotty has told me that if the car is generally in good nick, I may then be able to finally get a weekly UVP rather than these painful daily ones. That will be great as it will make it easier to get the work done by the mechanic and then go back for the final inspection.

Looking forward to it.

P.S. Planning to take Erg as passenger. He had to do this with YNO-20B, and is not working tomoz, so why not. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home